How do I stream a live event via external software or hardware on Workplace?
To share a live video from your computer, you'll need to have an external or internal camera.
To share a live video from your computer via external software or hardware:
- From your Workplace account, type /live/create after the url in your browser. For example, if your url is company.facebook.com, you'd need to amend it to company.facebook.com/live/create. This will take you to a wizard that will help you set up the Workplace live API.
- Click Create Live Stream at the top of the page, then specify where you'd like the stream to be broadcast with the drop-down menu. For example, if you'd like to broadcast the video to a group, select Share in a Group from the drop-down menu, then select the group you'd like to share your content to by typing in its name.
- Give your live video a description and a title.
- Copy the Stream Key to the right of the page. You'll be using it on the live streaming software you've chosen to use.
- Open the live-streaming software application. You can use your computer's camera to stream your video.
- Follow the instructions of your streaming software. You'll need to paste the stream key into the settings of the application. You can then start streaming to preview your video in Workplace.
- Return to your Workplace browser. You should be able to see the video preview. When your video is ready, select Go Live.
When you stop your broadcast, you can delete it or upload a higher-quality version. If you'd like to edit a live video, you'll need to download the video, delete the post, edit the video, and then reupload it. Keep in mind that if you choose to do this, you'll lose all the comments and reactions from the original live stream post.