How do I create an incident and send messages on Safety Center?
You can access Safety Center from the Admin Panel. Before you can send any messages, you must first create an incident.
Creating a new Safety Center incident
To create a Safety Center Incident:
- From your News Feed, click Admin Panel in the left menu.
- Below Advanced Plan Features click Safety Center, then select Add Incident.
- You can also access Safety Center here.
- Select the incident type based on the scenario:
- System Test: Use to review capabilities and send test messages to yourself and others involved in incident response. Notifications say “TEST”.
- Practice Drill: Prepare for emergencies by running planning simulations, including managing people’s responses. Notifications say “DRILL".
- Live Incident: When responding to a real situation, choose this option to log the details and message employees.
- Complete the Title, Locations and add Safety Operators.
Duplicating an existing Safety Center incident
To duplicate an existing Safety Center incident:
- From the Safety Center homepage, click next to the incident you would like to duplicate.
- Check and amend the incident details and Safety Operators as required.
- Click Add Incident to create the new incident.
Sending a message
You have now created an incident. You can add messages to an incident as long as it’s open. To send a message:
- Click Create Message.
- Select your message type. Click on any option to learn more. Click Next.
- Add your message content. On the right hand side of the screen, you can see previews of each message type. Once you are done, click Next.
- Click Add People to select recipients of this message. People can be added in the following ways:
- Add individuals (by manually adding them to the event)
- Add Workplace Groups to add all current group members
- Add by Workplace Profile Location
- Add a CSV file (only employee emails are needed)
- Add from previous alert (search for a previous alert and use the same recipient list)
- Select the channels you want to deliver your message through. You can choose from:
- Workplace Chat
- Workplace Notification
- All Channels
- Click Send Message and confirm.
- You can now track the progress of this message and manage responses. You can send multiple messages per incident.
The response status will be updated in real-time based on a person's most recent response. Follow-up action is at the discretion of your organization.
Note: System-generated Safety Center message content will be translated into the language of the user's Workplace account, but custom content written by the Safety Operator will not.