Find out more about personalizing your Workplace by adding a profile picture.
Your profile picture helps people recognize you on Workplace.
To add or change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile and hover over your profile picture.
- Click Update.
- You can select a photo you've already uploaded, select a photo you're tagged in or upload a photo from your device.
- If you're ready to save your photo, click Save. If you'd like to crop your photo first, use the Drag to Reposition tool, then click Save. If you don't want to crop your photo, click Skip Cropping in the bottom left, then click Save.
Note: Your current profile picture can be seen by anyone visiting your profile.
Keep in mind that you can also edit your photo by clicking Edit below the photo and choosing a filter or adding text and stickers to your photo. Once you're done with your edits, click Save.
To delete a profile picture:
- Go to your profile and click your current profile picture.
- Click Options at the bottom of the picture.
- Select Delete This Photo from the dropdown menu.
- Click Delete.
The thumbnail version of your profile picture is the smaller version that people see next to your name. If your profile picture isn't a square, you can adjust what part of your profile picture serves as the square thumbnail. To reposition your profile picture:
- From your computer, hover over your current profile picture and click Update.
- Click in the top-right corner. If you don't see the your profile picture already fits into the square shape so you can't reposition it.
- Use the scale at the bottom to zoom in and out, and drag the image to move it around. When you're done, click Save.
Uploading your profile picture and cover photo at the optimal size helps them to look great across all the different devices that access Workplace.
The optimal sizes are:
- Profile photos: 500 x 500 px
- Cover photos: 2048 x 1032 px
Cover photo safe zones
Refer to the safe zone guidance below to make sure that the most important parts of your cover photo show on as many devices as possible.
This guidance also applies to cover photos for Workplace groups.
A cover photo is the larger photo at the top of your profile, above your profile picture. Like your profile picture, cover photos can be seen by anyone visiting your profile.
To add or change your cover photo:
- Go to your profile.
- Click Upload Cover Photo if you're adding a cover photo for the first time, or hover over your current cover photo and click Update Cover Photo.
- Choose whether you want to upload a new photo (Upload Photo) or pick a photo from one of your existing photo albums (Select Photo...).
- Once you choose a photo, you can reposition it by clicking the image and dragging it up or down.
- Click Save.
Note: Your cover image has to be at least 720 pixels wide.
You can add a frame to your profile picture on Workplace to express support and feel more connected.
To add a frame to your profile picture from your computer:
- Click your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Select View Profile.
- Hover over your profile picture and select Update.
- Select Add Frame and pick your frame.
- Select the length of time you'd like the frame to be up and click Use as Profile Picture.
Admins can enable or disable this feature for their entire instance (not for specific users) by contacting support. Admins cannot apply frames to users - the users have to apply the frame themselves.
When you no longer want the profile frame, you can switch to a different profile picture without the frame.